My favourite way to start the day is with a green juice. They are full of antioxidants, low in fat, rich in folic acid, vitamin C, potassium and magnesium, as well as containing a host of phytochemicals, such as lutein, beta-cryptoxanthin, zeaxanthin, and beta-carotene. The juice master has inspired me on my juicing journey and the medicinal power of juice continues to astound me. Nature has supplied us with a nutritional bounty capable of changing our health and well-being drastically. Just be sure to be mindful of potential toxicity caused by pesticides: wash things carefully or even better GO ORGANIC!!!!
- 1-2 organic broccoli stems (FULL of vitamins C,B1 and A)
- A handful of fresh parsley (great for the digestive system)
- 1 stick of celery (a great source of vitamin K)
- Half a pineapple (B vitamins, vit C and manganese)
- 2 limes
- Fennel bulb (vitamin C and host of essential minerals)
- An avocado (a good source of essential fatty acids and vitamins)
Juice all of the above except the avocado. Pour the juice into a blender and add the avocado and some ice - blend until smooth and drink straight away for maximum nutritional benefit.