A diary of me - those who truly know me know that I am an open book. I believe that by sharing our own experiences we can ‘teach’ others. I am going to share some of my own personal experiences to illustrate how ‘finding out’ about small indiscrepancies in our health, being mindful about our whole being and making small changes as a result may help prevent more serious pathologies further down the line.
- I used to love pizza, steak, chips, white pasta, mince. I ate fruit (apples, grapes and oranges) and vegetables (well carrots and peas) and I hardly drank any water, I never ate breakfast and wasn't keen on trying new things. I THOUGHT I had a healthy diet.
- A dear friend of mine introduced me to juicing and I noticed a significant difference in my health and became interested in nutrition - I started trying some new recipes.
- I got divorced and my Mum was diagnosed with dementia (aged 58).
- I started to feel lethargic and lacked enthusiasm for things. I found getting up in the morning hard and was tired all the time.
- I visited a homeopath with these feelings plus those of anxiety re:dementia and the genetic links.
- He gave me a homeopathic constitution and suggested functional testing for heavy metals (toxic link to dementia) and adrenal stress profile (link to fatigue symptoms).
"Treat the whole person - recognise a patient's individuality"
"Treat the cause , not a symptom"
I know that homeopathy is based on the doctrine of like cures like (similia similibus curentur), a claim that a substance that causes the symptoms of a disease in healthy people would cure similar symptoms in sick people. It promotes the body's natural healing.
This information left me with a calming sense of the links between psychological and physiological symptoms.
Suppression of symptoms (INCLUDING EMOTIONS) masks illness and drives it further into the body. I wholeheartedly believe my 12 year grief was manifesting physically.
"The mind gets better before the body" (Hering's laws of cure)
(see fig 1)
I had my heavy metals tested via BIOLAB due to the hypotheses of aluminium, mercury etc being linked to neurological conditions such as Alzheimers and dementia
I also had high arsenic levels (see fig 2) which concerned me. The top of the healthy rage was 98, the population mean was 38 and mine were 312!!! Once we'd got all the 'whats your husband putting in your tea?' jokes out of the way I took a serious look at the possible cause. What did I do excessively that would cause levels to be so high?
Returning to the concept of a "Healing crisis"
There are still changes I would like to make based on new knowledge and scientific findings but I know reducing my toxic load naturally, dealing with emotional issues and making lifestyle changes has me on the right path to health and happiness.